Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday 19 June 2014

Wander in the Woods.

Lovely day out in the sun!

Trying to make the most of the lovely hot weather we have been having lately, my boyfriend and I took my cocker spaniel to one of our favourite walking spots yesterday. Which I thought I would share with you. It’s at a water reservoir not too far from us called Roddlesworth Reservoir.

We park up next to a country pub and walk our way round the three reservoirs. If anyone has a dog or simply loves to go nice walks then I definitely recommend this beautiful spot. What is also great about this walk is that you can make it into a long 3 hour walk all the way round, or a quicker 1 hour walk; around one reservoir or simply the first part of the woods. It is mainly flat land too for anyone who doesn’t want to walk up big hills. I really need to show this lovely walk to my friend Abi, so we can take our pooches on a walk round the reservoirs soon, which when we do I'm sure I'll post again. 

As you’ll see from the photos I’ve posted below; the walk is mainly woodland and forest, which I just adore as does my cocker spaniel Pennie, but there is also the big reservoirs, which provide a gorgeous water view, and also a great spot for the dogs to go for a swim, and from the reservoirs you can see Darwin tower in the distance. Also the walk doesn't get too busy during the week, but it does get a bit busier at the weekends, which is great because my cocker spaniel likes to be left alone when she's on a walk, so she much prefers going here for her long walks. 

I packed us a picnic, so when we got half way round the reservoirs we sat by the water and ate. I stupidly forgot to put on sun lotion so of course being the pasty girl I am got all burnt on my shoulders. Next time we walk here we are going to walk up Darwin tower too, as where we park there is a little pathway up to the tower.

We do this walk with my cocker spaniel in all kinds of weather, whether it’s sunny and hot, or raining or even in winter with the snow and ice. This walk is definitely a must for all dog walkers!















 :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment